Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Manaoag+Tarlac=Fun! Fun! Fun!





Part 1: May 8, 2010... We went to Pangasinan to attend Mass at Manaoag Church and since it's election time; we asked her to help Binay's party to win in this years' election. It was also my thanksgiving mass(I promised Our Lady of Manaoag that If I graduated cum laude, I will go back and visit the church, for me to thank her for guiding me during my college days). It was a 14-hour ride from Manila to Pangasinan and vice versa. We also visited Isdaan in Tarlac which was known as Erap's favorite restaurant. The restaurant made me feel like as if I was in Thailand. The place was really beautiful. There were statues of different famous personalities, filipino cultures and buddhas' of some sort. The food was really delicious, though the group meals were expensive. It was worth it. We even take out almost half of the food because our stomach was too full. (That's how many it was). I will go back there if i have a chance.






























Part 2: May 15, 2010... Another escapade+Full of first times. Same routine as what i had written in part 1, but this time, we have done tons of things. Uhmm... We visited the so-called "Bagsakan Center" the market, wherein all the harvested fruits and vegetables were immediately delivered. We also tasted the Tupig, a native delicacy made with glutinous rice and grated coconuts wrapped in wilted banana leaves and cooked over live coals. Lastly,we fed the fish in the Isdaan restaurant.

(One thing I had noticed after we visit Manaoag Church (May8 and 15) , it is always the same scene, that there is a mass for the dead first and a normal mass after. while along the road were tons of accidents=(. A car rollling over the road, and a truck bumps into a van).

No comments: