Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Goodbye Mandaluyong... Hello Makati!!!

I wake up one day feeling so curious. I've seen my parents talking about moving to Makati. I didn't mind them at first, because i thought they're just joking. But when my mom finally talk to me, I realized that this is not a joke. This is reality. I don't know how will I react about what my mom told me. It was so sudden. She said that my godmother talked to the owner of that house to let us rent their vacant apartment. As well as paid for the advances and the deposits. I'm not excited though, since Mandaluyong has been my home for almost 11years. However, we have no choice but to leave the place.

April 21, 2010, 6:15pm. The moment of truth. The night wherein we will finally leave Mandaluyong and will welcome Makati. As I close the door of our house, I realized that it was really hard to say Goodbye to a place where you grow up. People has been good to us though. I will be far from my school. It is also saying Goodbye to the bad memories we had, while living in the place. It is also saying Goodbye to the people who ones' loved me, and suddenly forgets me. But it is good to be near to the house of our relatives. Because we were the only ones' who live at Mandaluyong.

First day: it's really fun, we bought new furnitures and my Godmother gave us some cabinets and a new aircon, we have a cable as well which i miss.

From second to the current day: I started reclaiming about things, and realized one thing... The place is big yes! bigger than what we used to live at. But there were things that I didn't like: The place is too closed(there are only two windows, and that's it, which made the place soo hot; that three electricfans aren't enough to make you feel comfy); Okay, my wish was granted I finally have my own room, it's not really "my own room" since our maid and my cousin sleep on the floor. This made me have a hard time sleeping; because of their noise. So, i decided to sleep in my parents room. To which I'm comfortable at. But, because of the aircon, i decided to sleep to my own room. (I've been sleeping there until today, but when my dad is out-of-town, I sleep beside my mom, so she will not be alone in their room). Since we have no internet connection; I always go to my cousins house to surf the net through "wifi". The routine: I wake up at 10am; eat brunch at 12noon, take a bath at 12:30pm, go to my cousins house at 1:00pm, and returns home at 11:00pm. Realization: I realized that the bigger the house is, the bigger the needs/satisfaction/expenses. It's not what makes me happy. I just want to live in a simple life with simple things.

But then, I should be happy though, because it is what my parents is happy with. I've never seen them as happy as this; being near to my moms' siblings. Is really the only plus I've seen upon "Moving In".

No comments: