Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Job Hunt Experience

WRONG MOVE. this is my first time to go in a certain company and have an interview. I prepared for it so badly. But then again, I had made the wrong move: 1. My cousin asked me if he'll drop me off to the company to which i have interview at. Then I said "wag na kuya, may kasama din kasi ko." (my mind was set that we'll just take a cab, because dester knows the way). So, we meet at JRU at around 8:00am. Then, while calling for a cab, all the cab that we saw has a passenger. I was so nervous that I will be late. So I decided to ride on a jeepney instead. I also experience walking along the long road of ayala that put a scar on my feet; 2. During the interview, I am so confident and prepared from head to foot. =) only to find out that casual attire will do, since all the employees wore jeans and t-shirts. 3. In C. search ... company I am asked to write an article, which i took seriously; like as if I'm taking an exam fot THE JOURNAL; afterwhich, i am interviewed that made me go huh?! The interviewer said " so, you know accenture?" I said "no!(i know) she said "do you want to work there?" I said "most probably(idl)" she said "so, what motivates you in going through life alone?" I said "what motivates me are my detractors, friends and my family ...." she suddenly interrupts me and say "what are detractors?" I explained it to her. And she ends up, okay you will go back here as data analyst at accenture(like i apply here as researchers' asst. so why accenture?); 4. We call a cab from medical plaza, and when there was one, we said " makati city hall po, we were already inside when the driver said, "fixed na lang po naten 100, traffic po kasi eh, wla din ako metro" (like you think you can fool us). So we go out from the cab, and waited 30 minutes to get one, and we finally did, the driver said, "additional 30 po hanggang don." Since i'm so irritated at that time i accepted the agreement. I end up paying P107.50... dester said "sobra ng 7.50". I said "yup, i should accept, the offer of the first cab." haaayyy


STRANGER. I was about to go at Kyo Yook Nara to apply for a job, but when we finally reached Megamall, we noticed that if i get there, i'll not be able to finish my task at JRU. So, I decided not to continue. While we were in Powerbooks, we went to the section where Bob Ongs' books were located. So I read "Ligo na You, Dito na Me". while we were laughing about a certain topic. We suddenly noticed that there was a girl beside us. looking for books, but we didn't mind her. Maybe, out of curiousity, she approached us and start introducing herself. The conversation: the girl "fan ka ni bob ong?" I said " hindi po, I'm a fan of Paolo Coelho." Girl "ah, kasi yung brother ko fan ni bob ong (ahh ok!), kanina pa kita tinitingnan, you're smiling while you're reading, are you a student?" I said "nope, I just graduated." Girl "what course?" I said "Liberal Arts po." Girl "ah, yung mom ko yan din yung course, unfortunately, di nya natapos, do you have work? By the way I'm amy from medical...." I said "hindi po, looking for work pa lang po." Girl "oh, what a coincidence, we are looking for a freelance writer, do you have a calling card?" I'm one of the ... of the company (R.N. daw sya). I said "yes.(i gave it to her) just call me, if i could write something about your company." Girl "sure! thank you, nice meeting you." I said "you too."

TIME's UP. Okay, I received a call from RCBC asking me to report to their office for my exam and interview. (well, I'm shocked when they called, since i never tried to passed my resume in their company). Then, I thought of reporting, because nothing will be lost if i report to such. Examination was held and I am doing great in Abstract category, but when the English and Math category were given I was like (omg!). English Category composed of 50items, to which each number consists of 5sentences. Correcting Errors. It was easy, but sad to say I only answered 5 numbers out of 50. Math Category consists of 70 items, 35 for the addition, subtraction, ,multiplication and division, while half of it dealt on problem solving. I totally answered like 20 of it. Why? Well, we were given like 3minutes to answer each category. waaaaah.... As I hear every time's up that the examiner was saying. I get disappointed. Because I know I should have done better but, this "time pressure" was creeping me out. hahaha So i thought I failed. An interview was given. Then, I received a call for another exam. Then I passed. They told me to report at STEP Inc. to asked Mr. Philip the requirements that I will submit to him, for me to start working as a Marketing Asst. but as they explain to me how will i received my salary (Its' an agency thing, the rcbc will pay for the agency and it was to them whom i will get my salary; So if i'm about to get 9k 4k of it will go to the agency and the remaining 5k will be my salary). I started to dislike the work. I never tried to contact them again, because I am not interested anymore.

*I'm not choosy when it comes to what kind of job I will be working. I just want a fair salary..=p

3 comments:

Fun and Fearless said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fun and Fearless said...

How about recommending a desperate blogger (ahem!) to that R.N. who works in the blah blah blah looking for a freelance writer?

By the way, are you interested in going out with Pao and me? We're planning to dine at a Korean reaturant. By next week,

Unknown said...

di po ako makakasama sa inyo... sooper gusto ko talaga, kaya lang magsisimba po kaming antipolo eh...=(

baka guto mo po mag apply status magazine is looking for an editorial asst.