Friday, January 2, 2009

Friendship Never Ends....

It’s almost nine months since the powerhouse graduated. From then, there was never a day that I never think of them and there was never a day that I never miss them. The first few days were really hard for me. Especially when all the things I see at school reminds me of them. Seeing group of students hanging out at the Cafeteria and at the CSC make me smile and get envied knowing we used to be those students who spend most of our time at CSC and Cafeteria doing what we used to do, making fun at each others’ mistakes, telling our own stories and lastly criticizing professors and co-students. Laughing at Kuya Sonny’s criticisms, Ate Denise being always late at class and at our meetings, Ate Paola’s little patience and little eyes, and Ate Rezzelle’s meowmeow – these are the things that I really miss. I remember during my 18th birthday party, Kuya Sonny told me that “You should find friends who will lead you the way we led you”. And that’s what I’m doing right now. They really taught me a lot of things.

Things I learned since the powerhouse graduated:

1. If a couple of strangers are destined to be friends, they are going to be friends.(Ate Den)

2. Parting ways doesn’t necessarily mean “GOODBYE”. Sometimes it is a test of knowing how strong your friendship is.

3. Keeping in touch is really important

4. Being the President of COMMARTS can make you grow insane.

5. Library and Webster has been my best friends.

6. Cafeteria is not that nice to hang out at (if I’m not with them).

7. Council Office is the much wanted place to hangout.

8. Powerhouse is unbreakable by time and distance.

9. Carbonara, Palabok, and Special Spaghetti are really the BEST.

10. Mr. Barrientos is THE BEST mentor and adviser.

11. One Tree Hill and Powerhouse is the same.

12. Being a tambay doesn’t necessarily make you Jologs (ate Den).

13. Compliment from the same professors they had is overwhelming.

14. They really give considerations to smart students.

15. Criticisms are oh so funny.

16. Karen, Paola, Rezelle, Sonny, and Denise are Friends “always and forever”

1 comment:

Fun and Fearless said...

I like the food! Nice one! But hey! You forgot "Teka Muna"!